Healthy Turkish Delight Coffee recipe – Fresh One Coffee
25 September, 2015
A mix between my two favourite things, coffee and Turkish delight…
…and it’s kind of a no brainer recipe to be honest! I do love coffee, however I seem to spend A LOT of money on takeaway latte’s. In order to really batten down the hatches on my spending ($5 per cup x 7 days a week = $35) I decided to try new flavours at home.
Plunger coffee can be really delicious, given you use a good blend of beans (A must), I am currently finding Fresh One coffee (A WA based coffee bean company!) to be my go to lately. They are local, and they are delicious and smooth! TIP: Keep your freshly ground beans in the freezer to keep for longer.
Healthy Turkish Delight Coffee (for one)
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh one ground beans
- Coffee Plunger
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup almond milk (see recipe here or go to grocery store)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (if you like it sweet)
- 1/2 tsp rosewater
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- I don’t really need to elaborate how to make a coffee to you, however if you have never plunged before then I suggest boiling your water and placing in your plunger with your coffee and letting it sit for 3 minutes.
- If you don’t have a frother or coffee machine at home, I warm up my almond milk in the microwave to make a creamier coffee.
- Pour your coffee into your cup of milk then add your rosewater, sugar and vanilla.
Given I am Turkish delight/rosewater mad, this really is a nice addition to your coffee. The almond milk, even though is more of a “Good fat”, I find it gives a nicer taste, if you don’t like almond milk, regular milk is fine, or have you tried coconut milk? The benefits of nut milk are quite amazing though so check that out here.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, make sure you come back as I am working on a healthy iced coffee next, AND reviewing coffee scrubs!!
*Collaboration with Fresh One Coffee