Healthy Vanilla Spice Milk recipe //The benefits of nut milk//
14 May, 2015
Recipe using: Breville “BOSS” blender | Target Milk Bottles
A spin off from my post on ANZAC BISCUITS (See recipe here) came the actual milk that I made, a delicious almond milk is always welcomed into my tea’s and coffee and always adds an extra creaminess. But with needing to drink almond milk quite quickly (because there are no preservatives when you make it yourself WOOHOO!) I made a Vanilla milk to drink as well.
This is suuuuuuuuuch a delicious drink, AND great for when you’re working out too because nuts are protein after all, ditch the gross protein powders and get some almond milk into you instead!! Before the recipe though, here are some added benefits to drinking almond milk which you may be interested in…
- It helps with weight management AND your heart (NO cholesterol or saturated fats but high in healthy fats)
- It keeps your skin glowing (Almond milk contains vitamin E, it helps to protect your skin from the sun!)
- It contributes to muscle strength & healing (As above, great after you work out!!)
- It’s easy to make! (As noted below)
Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup of overnight soaked almonds
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Half a vanilla bean scraped out
- 5 dates
- Nut bag
- I use the Breville Boss blitzer for nut milks, so rinse your soaked almonds and place your almonds and water in the blender and blend for 2 minutes (On puree).
- Strain everything in the nut bag and squeeze excess milk out (I realise just how sexual this sounds).
- Place half the almond milk into a bottle and refrigerate, the other half we will be using for our vanilla milk.
- Put the milk back into the blender along with your dates, cinnamon and vanilla bean insides and blend for a minute.
- Strain again and chill!
- Serve in mini milk bottles for total “Hipster” effect.