Healthy Chai Spice Coffee Recipe
5 June, 2015
It’s not hard to notice that I am a bit of a coffee snob, what I mean by that is I generally only drink coffee from cute looking cafe’s and they have to serve at least 2 types of milks AND kitsch cups to keep me happy. If I HAVE to drink a McCafe coffee, I will, and I won’t completely discriminate, but there’s just something about an instagram worthy café – that’s all!In saying that, I don’t necessarily want to spend $5.50 a day so I have to utilise what we have at work, which is a coffee machine, with beans that taste like the bottom of a bird cage and leave you with that face you pull when an old man flashes his wrinkly bum at you (It doesn’t happen often but when it does. Wow).
So, I bring my own instant coffee to avoid those faces (I know…gahhhh) but I make use of the steamer and add my own milks which make it just that much better.
So here’s my latest obsession…
Chai Spice Coffee
- 1 cup of homemade Almond milk (See my recipe here)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of your favourite Instant coffee (coffee pod machines are great for this)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- You all know how to make a coffee – pretty simple peeps, just make your coffee the way you like it, but my top tip is (if you don’t have a frother) microwaving the milk.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Make that “mmmmmmm” noise as you take your first sip.