Happiness is what you make it…
9 October, 2014
Wearing: BLUSHED by Teagan Jacobs | Photography by Tony Lendrum | Hair by 501 Hair Lounge
You know those days where, you just feel blah? I’ve been having a few of those days lately, and I have to say, it definitely sets the mood for the people around me. Given, I am quite the happy girl and I always make an effort to cheer others up, in fact if I can make someone smile or laugh (even if it means outing or embarrassing myself) then I’ll do that as much as I can. But there comes a certain time that, the bubbly girl really needs to just stop and have a moment. Nobody can be happy and positive every day, and I for one teeter on the edge of crazy when I do end up having those off days. Short tempers are an absolute turn off I know, but I do get a little fiery once in a while and I apologise to anyone in my way.
Today was one of those days, regardless of what is going on, I feel the need to reiterate the whole concept of being kind to one another. There are huge changes happening, and this week it’s been about work, but the tolerance I have for nasty comments and ungratefulness is in full force at the moment. Without tapping into the problem here, I feel people take things for granted, work is definitely one of those sess-pits of negativity that I sometimes want to scream about.
This happiness post is more for myself, selfish as that is, sometimes I need to write down things and back in the day that IS what a blog was about. I wanted to give you some of the things that I did today, to get myself out of my funk…who knows, maybe it will help you?
- Surround yourself with great people, I am lucky, my workmates in my team are amazing (and some outside of my team too), I get little messages asking if I am ok and then they make me laugh or dare me to do something stupid in which case, I can’t say no to. If YOUR friend is in the funk, why not cheer them up the same way?
- Indulge a little. I indulged a lot today, however I’ll admit, it was on yummy healthy food. Feed your soul with great food that’s good for you, health is a HUGE factor into feeling happy, I indulged in a tropical smoothie from The Market Juicery which had fresh healthy ingredients but “tasted” naughty.
- Go for a run. Let off the steam. Even if it’s just for 5 minutes, that time alone (preferably to me is the beach) is key.
- Give someone else a compliment, their smile is contagious.
- Talk about it. Just let it all out, confide in someone, once you do that, you’ll feel like a weight has been lifted!
- If all else fails………go and buy yourself a little something. Yep, retail therapy DOES work.
Thank you to the special peeps in my life who actually do make me appreciate the one life I have, you guys know who you are and I love you xx