How to find a great PT
9 May, 2017
Finding a PT is like finding a best friend, you are basically breaking down in front of them, telling them your (diet) secrets, they take on your stress and they listen to you. It’s very difficult finding one that is right for you so consider these things when you are looking and REMEMBER…finding a PT is like an interview process, you have to gel well with them!
Some people may think they are a waste of time, BUT if you’re anything like me, you need that extra motivation to do 2 more squats and not finish 15 minutes earlier than you originally planned! (Real life: or just spend the whole time taking selfies on the floor and checking your emails #totesjustworkedout haha)
So you may want to consider a few things when looking for a PT…
- Make sure you KNOW what you want first…remember that your PT cannot be there for 80% of the time in the kitchen so have some goals set first and foremost and tell your PT.
- Does their personality suit what you like?
- What’s their style? Do they motivate by yelling at you or are they more encouraging with praise, find out what works best for you!
- Are they asking enough questions about your diet, any injuries etc.
- Do they practice what they preach? Social media is an amazing tool, find out their handles and do a little stalking. Photo’s of pizza every day of the week on instagram proves a lot of things!
- Cost – what can you afford? How many times a week can you afford?
- Do their hours suit you? And are they flexible enough for you?
- Where do they train? Is it flexible?
- What do they specialise in? Ask those questions!
- Do they have a lot of nutrition background or are you purely there for gains!
OK, so now you have a few things to think about, head out there and go find your PT!!