Creating an easier, better you with 10 healthy meal options!
27 March, 2017
To give you a quick idea on who I am as a person, I want to say one thing. I love food, but if it takes more than half an hour to prepare and cook then I generally don’t want to make it.
This post is sponsored by Weight Watchers but all thoughts and opinions including meal suggestions are my own.
Living in a busy world like most, I like to have quick and easy meals that are healthy and also nutritious. I don’t ask for much hey? But the truth is, IT IS an option! And I’m pretty happy with the idea of these 10 quick and easy meals that will keep you on track for your week!
BREAKFAST is easy…three choices to rotate every single day…
- Hot porridge, honey, banana, chia seeds and some pepita’s.
- One piece of toast, a quick poached runny egg and a quarter of an avocado.
- Greek yoghurt, grated apple, a little home made granola and honey.
Side Note: Of course accompany all breakfast meals with a strong hot cup of tea!
LUNCH needs to be changed regularly for me so I don’t get bored…frozen meals from the Weight Watchers Light and Classic menu actually help me to spend less time in the kitchen! I add them in about once or twice a week.
- Weight Watchers Mushroom and Pumpkin Risotto from the Light Menu range.
- Salad Jars are so fancy! (And easy to carry to work) Layer a jar with all of your favourite salads, rocket, beetroot, chick peas, corn, sweet potato, alfalfa, bean shoots, a little feta and top with some balsamic vinegar dressing!
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Ricotta Cannelloni from the Classic Menu range.
Side Note: Snack: hummus, carrot, cucumber and zucchini sticks
DINNER is my favourite BUT at least once a week I am too busy to have a meal ready! Take these options…
- Salmon burrito bowls are super easy, just fry up your salmon in some coconut oil and garlic, layer a big bowl full of baby spinach, cook off black beans, corn, capsicum and tomatoes and then layer on top of your spinach, chop up salmon and add on top with a small dollop of natural greek yoghurt.
- Weight Watchers Lime and Coriander Fish from the Gourmet Menu range.
- 5 ingredient Chick Pea Curry so SO easy, just saute some broccoli for a few minutes (include some garlic if you like), add in a can of coconut milk, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in 2 tablespoons of red curry paste, and then drained chick peas and bring to the boil. Add in 1/2 teaspoon (with water) of corn flour and serve 5 minutes later!
Sometimes we all just need a quick and easy meal to get us through our busy weeks, nutritious and simple but also really delicious, I always have at least 4-5 Weight Watchers frozen meals in my freezer when I am not so good with keeping my time. Their new range fills my body with nutritious food and keeps me on track to being a healthier version of myself in between my quick and easy home made meals!
What’s for dinner tonight??