Breakfast Porridge Squares
16 October, 2015
Porridge is more known as a winter breakfast? To make your belly warm on those chilly mornings…
But who’s to say that porridge can’t be enjoyed in summer too? It doesn’t necessarily mean a big bowl full of honey soaked warm oats, instead, if you are looking for a breakfast alternative this summer try these Porridge Squares!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- Bring water and milk to the boil, add oats, chia seeds and honey, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes then cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes
- Pour porridge into a greased dish
- Cool then cover and refrigerate overnight
- Cut into squares and add toppings
I find it easy to cut these up and take to work when I am running late, then I can eat them while I am there and add my own toppings like yoghurt and banana, or peanut butter and cacao nibs!